World Bank Group 2022 Africa Education Fellowship Program – The WBG-Africa Education Fellowship Program targets young, talented African nationals who are master’s degree holders with three to four years of relevant experience who are completing or have recently completed their Ph.D. in an area relevant to the World Bank’s work in the Education sector. This Education sector-specific fellowship program builds on the model of the broader WBG Africa Fellowship Program.
Benefits World Bank Group 2022 Africa Education Fellowship Program
- Gain a better understanding of the WBG’s mission and operations
- Access quality data for their research work
- Interact with seasoned education experts in the field of development
- Contribute to the WBG’s overall mission
- Be a Sub-Saharan African national.
- Be a master’s degree holder with three to four years of relevant experience; recent Ph.D. graduate (within three years of completion) or be enrolled in the last year of the Ph.D. program.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal. Fluency in other languages such as French and Portuguese is highly desirable.
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application.
- Young African women who are eligible are encouraged to apply, especially those interested in Education Technology.
The selection process consists of two phases:
In the first phase, a shortlist of candidates will be made available for hire to the different Education units of the WBG depending on applicants’ specialization and business needs of the units. Applicants will be notified about the status of their application or whether they have been shortlisted or not.
In the second phase, the final list of fellows will be selected in consultation with the various Education units of the WBG. When the selection is complete, all shortlisted candidates will be informed of their selection status.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2022