International Program for Urban Research in Germany – The City Science Lab at HafenCity University Hamburg is looking for excellent postdoctoral researchers from all around the world to join its International Program for Urban Research. For the school year 2022/2023, four scholarships are available. The fellowships will be allowed to further develop current research ideas for a concrete project proposal in sustainable urban development in data-driven cities or digital transformation in cities and societies around the world as part of the program. HafenCity Institution Hamburg is a German public university that specializes in architecture, civil engineering, and urban planning.
Application deadline: May 16, 2022.
About Applying for a UK Visa – 7 Important Tips You Need to Know
Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition-10 Important Things To Consider
- Department: City Science Lab, HafenCity University Hamburg University or Organization:
- Level of study: Postdoctoral researchers
- €2,500 prize
- 4 awards
- Online mode of access
- International nationality
- The award can be accepted anywhere in Germany.
Eligibility for the Urban Research in Germany
- All nationalities are eligible to participate for the International Program
- Courses or subjects that are eligible: Postdoctoral research in engineering, sciences, humanities, and social sciences, as well as design and planning, are all available to students at HCU.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be considered for the International Program:
- International postdocs working in the CityScienceLab at HCU can apply for four-month fellowships through this urban Research in Germany.
- Applicants must be enrolled in the program for postdoctoral researchers.
How to Apply for the for the International Program
- How to Apply: To apply, applicants must be accepted into the university’s Postdoctoral researcher’s program.
- Applications should be sent to csl(at)hcu-hamburg.de in English.
- Students must submit a university degree certificate, two references, and a CV with a list of publications; an exposé for a research project (not more than 1-2 pages), including how to collaborate with the CSL; a one-minute video contribution to communicating the relevance of the proposed research design; and a CV with a list of publications.
- Possible date of arrival for the Urban Research in Germany
- Admissions Requirements: Applicants must submit all needed documentation as well as meet any other course-specific requirements.
- Students must demonstrate that they can communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
- Research stay for 4 months at the HafenCity University Hamburg;
- €2,500 monthly grant.
- Accommodation costs (up to 900 €/month);
- Traveling expenses fee (€2,000).