UK Caregiver Job With Visa Sponsorship 2023
From the 15th of February 2022, the U.K Government added care workers and home carers to the shortage occupation list. You don’t need any certification in health, you don’t need any experience in health. I will be disclosing 4 important things you can do to improve your chances of getting a carer Job in the UK. You just have to get employment with a UK employer and they will give you a certificate of sponsorship then you can apply for your visa and there is a high probability it will be approved.
Image credit to Google
Common Duties of a Carer
- Personal Care
- Prompting and administering medication
- Companionship and social outings
- Meal preparation
- General household tasks including shopping and cleaning
- Completion of daily records
Common Benefits of a Carer
- Flexible work rota with regular breaks and time off between placements if requested
- Free accommodation and food allowance provided
- Up to 28 days of paid holiday per year with the option of taking additional unpaid leave
- 24-hour emergency line phone support
- Supportive team
Where to find U.K Carer Job
- UK CAREGIVER ASSISTANT CV SAMPLES FOR APPLICANTS WITH NO HEALTH BACKGROUND
The tips below will guide you to write a U.K standard CV for Carers.
Tips for writing your CV
1. Limit your CV to 2 pages only. The person screening your CV may have many other CVs and may not have all the time to go through your long CV.
2. Make sure all the impressive things about your CV is on the first page.
3. Use a simple font style like Arial. Don’t use any fancy font.
4. Use a font size of 12 or 14.
5. Check your grammar and your spelling. You can use some online tools like Grammarly to do so.
6. Use a professional email. An email with your real name, while applying.
7. Outline your points using bullet points. It will make reading your CV easier.
8. Tailor your CV to meet the requirements of each job you are applying for.
Recommended:Apply for Visa Sponsorship Jobs in Canada 2023
Structure of a good CV
1. Name and connect details
3. Skill highlights
7. Hobbies/interests (Optional) only add when it will give you an advantage.
8. Start your CV with the section that will sell you the most. If your Experience will sell you the most, start with that.
Name and connect details
Your name, address, phone number, and email address.
Few sentences telling the employer why you are suitable for the job.
Talk about some volunteer work you did after graduating from school, relating to the carer. You can talk about taking care of your aging grandparents.
You can talk about working as a cleaner in a hospital.
Skill highlights for carers
- Personal care
- Meal preparation
- Elderly care
- Basic life support
- Clinic waste disposal
- Pressure area care
- Stoma care
- Patient handling and positioning
- Safeguarding knowledge
- Medication administration
Start with the most recent work experience. eg. Volunteer care worker 02/2022 to current Kingsway medical center, Lagos, Nigeria. Mention some of the things you did while working there.
Proven things you can do to get the carer job is you don’t have any medical background
The strategy I am about to share with you is a strategy an agency was using and people paid a lot of money for this. So it works.
1. Do the 15 care certificate courses. The courses are short 1-hour courses with questions after the courses. Make sure the certificate you will receive is CPD certified.
Where to do 15 Caregiver certificate courses
2. Do voluntary work in a hospital or clinic
3. Have a good CV and Cover Letter.
4. Apply to many companies.
How to apply for U.K Health and Care Worker visa
When you are have gotten a job, below are the steps you will take to apply for a U.K carer Visa. You must apply online for a Health and Care Worker visa.
As part of your application, you’ll need to prove your identity. How you do this depends on where you’re from and what type of passport you have.
- have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application center – this is to get a biometric residence permit
- use the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ app to scan your identity document – you’ll also create or sign in to your UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) account
You’ll be told what you need to do when you apply.
If you do need an appointment:
- the center may need to keep your passport and documents while they process your application
- you may have to travel to get to your nearest visa application center (this could be in another country)
Documents you’ll need to apply for U.K Health and Care Worker visa
When you apply you’ll need to provide:
- your certificate of sponsorship reference number – your employer will give you this
- proof of your knowledge of English
- a valid passport or another document that shows your identity and nationality
- your job title and annual salary
- your job’s occupation code
- the name of your employer and their sponsor license number – this will be on your certificate of sponsorship