Google PhD Fellowship 2022 Application – Nurturing and maintaining strong relations with the academic community is a top priority at Google. Fellowships support promising PhD candidates of all backgrounds who seek to influence the future of technology. Google PhD Fellowships directly support graduate students as they pursue their PhD, as well as connect them to a Google Research Mentor.
Google PhD Fellowship students are a select group recognized by Google researchers and their institutions as some of the most promising young academics in the world.
Google is awarding up to 5 fellowships from the following fields:
- Computational neuroscience
- Human-computer interaction
- Machine learning
- Machine perception
- Natural language processing
- Physical Interfaces and Immersive Experiences
- Privacy & Security
- Software engineering and programming languages
- Structured data and database management
- Systems (hardware and software)
DEADLINE: MAY 18TH, 2022
The Google PhD Fellowship Program was created to recognize outstanding graduate students doing exceptional and innovative research in areas relevant to computer science and related fields.
Google’s mission is to foster inclusive research communities and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
- HOW TO WRITE A MOTIVATION LETTER FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
- Australia Awards Scholarships 2022 (Fully Funded)
- University of East Anglia Scholarship 2022 for African Students
- Human Frontier Science Program Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022
Eligibility for the Google PhD Fellowship 2022 Application
You’re eligible if you meet the entry requirements for a higher degree by research.
You cannot apply directly to the program; you must be nominated by UQ. Please also review the eligibility requirements found on the Google website and below. You’re eligible if you:
- are a full-time graduate student pursuing a PhD and enrolled in an institution in Australia.
- remain enrolled full-time in the PhD program for the duration of the Fellowship.
- are enrolled in the first or second year of your PhD.
You’re not eligible if you:
- are a Google employee, or are a spouse, child, or member of a Google employee’s household.
- are already supported by a comparable industry award. Government or non-profit organization funding is exempt.
Additional benefits for the Google PhD Fellowship
You would also receive a Google Research Mentor and the opportunity to apply for an internship at Google.