2021/2022 FULLY FUNDED GLOBAL KOREA SCHOLARSHIP (GKS) FOR RESEARCH, MASTER, AND DOCTORATE PROGRAMMES
Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) is an initiative of the Republic of Korea (South Korea) through a ram of her Ministry of Education (namely, National Institute for International Education — NIIED) to foster friendship and academic exchange between Korea and Need-designated countries. South Korea achieves this by giving fully funded scholarships to qualified international students.
The scholarship is for students who wish to pursue graduate-level degrees (that is, Master’s and doctorate degrees) or research in participating universities in South Korea.
This Korean Government Scholarship Programme (KGSP) 2021/2022 aims to enrol as many as 1,278 students all over the world, from 154 regions.
The application deadline and procedure vary from one participating university to another. Do well to see the guideline for each university. The link will be found below this article.
Organisation: NIIED, South Korea
Eligible countries: All countries
Programne: Masters, PhD, and Research
Duration: 3 years for Master, 4 years for PhD, 6 months to 1year for research
Place of Study: South Korea
Award: Complete tuition + monthly stipend (SKW 1 – 1.5 million)
Application mode: Hardcopy submission at South Korean embassies
Language: Korea and English
Deadline: Varies with each university
Also Recommended: As an international student, how do you take care of your mental health?
- You must not have studied in Korea unless as an exchange or visiting student
- You must not hold Korean citizenship
- You must be a citizen of NIIED-designated countries
- Your CGPA must be at least equal to the following or their equivalents: 2.64/4.0; 2.80/4.3; 2.91/4.5; 3.23/5.0
- You must be below 40 years of age as of 1 September 2021 unless you’re an academic professor, in which case you must be below 45 years of age (as of 1 September 2021) and a recipient of Official Development Assistance (ODA).
- master programme, you must hold a bachelor degree. For a PhD or research programme, you must hold a Master degree.
- Your first year of studies is for the Korean language programme.
- Application form
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Proof of citizenship document
- Parent’s proof of citizenship document
- Personal medical assessment
- GKS applicant agreement
- statement of purpose(for Master and PhD)
- Original certificate of bachelor’s degree (for Master and PhD)
- Original bachelor’s degree transcript (for Master and PhD)
- Original certificate of master degree (for PhD and research)
- Original master degree transcript (for PhD and research)
- Research proposal (for Research programme)
- University’s official letter of invitation (forResearchprogramme)
- Original certificate of doctoral degree (forResearchprogramme)
- Original doctoral degree transcript(forResearchprogramme)
- Certificate of employment (forResearchprogramme)
HOW TO APPLY
- See the partnering universities and available courses
- Obtain the application form here
- Download the application guidelines
Free tuition fee
Round trip air tickets
Korean language course
Printing costs for dissertation
Click here to download the application form.