APPLY FOR ASHINAGA AFRICA INITIATIVE 2022 FOR AN UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE
Ashinaga Africa Initiative Scholarship for undergraduate degree is a brainchild of the Japanese government geared towards providing undergraduate scholarships to sub-Sahara African students. The beneficiaries are sponsored for undergraduate studies overseas.
The initiative is calculated to enhance Africa’s contribution to global development. Swiss Government Scholarship for Foreign and international students Thus, recipients of the Ashinaga Africa Initiative scholarship must be willing to return to their home countries after their studies abroad in order to become leading figures in the development of their respective countries.
The Ashinaga Africa Initiative is specifically for orphaned students of sub-Sahara Africa, whose education ambition would be likely impeded due to financial challenges. This, therefore, demands that, besides possessing high academic acumen, participants are such who are bereaved of at least one of their parents and are financially incapable to pursue higher education. University of Manchester International Department of Mathematics Scholarship in UK
The Ashinaga Africa Initiative scholarship covers the recipients’ travel expenses, tuition, accommodation, and others.
SCHOLARSHIP DESCRIPTION Ashinaga Africa Initiative scholarship
Organisation: Ashinaga Africa Initiative
Programme: Bachelor’s degree
Award: Full tuition, travel costs, accommodation, stipend, etc
Application mode: Online registration; then application by email, post mail, or website
Eligible country: see below
Place of Study: overseas countries (at the judgement of the awarding board)
Duration: 4 years
Application deadline: Midnight GMT Friday 28 January 2022; Midnight GMT
Friday 15 October 2021 for Lusophone countries (Angola, Cabo Verde, Guinea Bissau, Sao Tome and Principe, and Mozambique)
ALSO RECOMMENDED: Grant for International Students at La Trobe University, Australia
Eligibility Ashinaga Africa Initiative scholarship
- Applicant must have been bereaved of one or both parents
- Your citizenship must be in one of the following countries:
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Car, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, DRC, Ethiopia, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Guinea Conakry, Kenya, Kingdom of eSwatini, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Seychelles, Sudan, Tanzania, The Gambia, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- You must have completed your secondary school in any of the countries listed above at a date not earlier than 2 August 2019
- If the above-mentioned result is not yet available, then you must receive them before 28 February 2022
- Your birth date must not be earlier than 1 September 1999
- You must be financially inadequate to pursue university education abroad
- You have to be proficient in English, French, or Portuguese
- Your performance in class for the past 2-3 years must be in the top 10%
- You must be in good health condition to study abroad
- You must be willing to return home after graduation to contribute to the society
- You must be willing to participate in the one-year preparatory programme before proceeding for your undergraduate study proper
ALSO RECOMMENDED: 9 simple tips writing your first resume and CV
- National ID card or passport
- Passport style photograph
- The death certificate of deceased parent(s) or an alternative document
- Letter of recommendation from principal/schoolteacher, bearing official signature and stamp. The letter should bear information of your performance and character while at secondary school
- Your secondary school transcripts
- Your secondary school examination certificate, showing grades in each subjects
- Certificate of other commitments e.g., training courses, extracurricular activities, jobs, etc.
How to Apply
- First, register for the programme here
- Application form will be sent to eligible candidates via email
- The form is to be diligently filled and submitted together with all the required documents listed above through any of the following means:
- by website (preferred)
- by email
- by post
For further questions about the registration, you may contact email@example.com.